Welcome to the Bone-zone!

Welcome to the Bone-zone!
"Damn it feels good to be a gangster!"

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Is your Facebook addiction a sign of loneliness?

I read this article by Lisa Haisha who is a Hollywood therapist and helps people with addictions. She says that being on facebook more than one hour a day is too much. She says some people spend 20 hours per week on it.... I probably spend a lot more than that. Truth is (and I know this even though I am addicted) that as we spend more and more time on it, we begin to lose focus on other important parts of life. THe addiction to facebook is almost the same as the addiction to drugs, sex, or alcohol. You can actually get help from therapists for facebook addictions! Please read this article! It was a really good read and so truthful.... I might be in trouble....

This is the excerpt from the article I found most truthful and painful at the same time:

Of course, when you're lonely, you get depressed and you don't have the energy to spend your time wisely. You don't have a focus, because things aren't really happening in your life. Without focus, your goals are not in alignment and you don't know where you're going. You feel a sense of emptiness in yourself or in your relationships, and you live on Facebook in an attempt to fill some void of your life.

At first it's exhilarating, because you get to be an actor and live in your own temporary reality. But the more time you spend on Facebook, the more depressed and lonely you become, and you have to spend even more time online to eliminate those negative feelings. Eventually it's a vicious cycle that seems to have no way out.


Oh I love escaping to my virtual world - even if it is unhealthy


To make everyone happy about their internet addiction, I have added one of my favorite songs to this post! Let me know if you want to see these guys at Warped Tour this summer


No comments:

Post a Comment