Welcome to the Bone-zone!

Welcome to the Bone-zone!
"Damn it feels good to be a gangster!"

Monday, March 29, 2010

My Next TV Show

OK - so by now, everyone should know I definitely fit into the category of a douchebag based on what I wear and how I act. Yeah, Yeah - I'm not really a douchebag but that's probably the group I get associated with cause of my addiction to Ed Hardy clothing, getting yak at the gym, being super chay, rocking a faux hawk and blowout (at the same time), and love watching Jersey Shore reruns and feel I'd fit right in in Jersey or Staten Island.

MTV's had this show that is made for me called "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" and it is based on the Hot Chicks With Douchebags blog. This blog is really funny showcasing all Ed Hardy sporting bros with hot girls and providing commentary on how dumb my bros look. People just go to this blog and post comments that RIP into these douchebags and the hot girls that douchebags get to date. Take a look and you'll get a good laugh.

But after finding out about this show, I am very intrigued and am definitely going to have to tune in and catch up on it. Season 1 is now complete but apparently I will add some vocab to my douchebag dictionary after watching.

Here is one question posed to the creator of the show (who hates Ed Hardy wearing, faux hawked, tanned bros who get with hot girls) and his reply:

Other than the fauxs and the muscles and orange-glow tan, what is it that first attracts these girls to these douchebags? Why don't they listen to their BFFs who all hate them?

It's all about the spectacle. Girls are taught by TV and magazines that the only way they can validate their own worth is by acquiring the shiny, glittery object. The douchebag transforms himself into the shiny spectacle to appeal to the hot girl's name-brand tendencies. Douchebags are to our present moment like Ferraris and Porsches were to teenagers in the 1980s John Hughes movies. They validate existence. They are society's "prize." Only the prize turns out to be a turd once you unwrap all the name-brand wrapping.

Oh boy, did I get a good laugh. Glad to know I am seen as "society's prize". I am definitely tuning in and will let you know if I still am a douchebag after seeing these bros get destroyed by the girls that they played.

This is one guy ripping into douchebags on youtube and explaining hot chicks with douchebags:


Here's a trailer of the show on MTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment